Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major Photo/Video Problems

Hi,

I have the iPhone 6s. I just went on a trip out of the country and I am having major problems with my pictures/videos since I have been back (some of the App issues I will explain have happened in the past as well, such as with IG and texting photos).

1. When I click on a picture or video it seems as though they have to download each time (a circle pops up in the corner and then loads until filled in).

2. I can not add any pictures to instagram at all. A circle just continues to half load, then I get this message "Could not open photo. Please try again in a moment" but it has been days and still doesn't work. I have already deleted IG and reinstalled.

3. I can not send any photos/videos via text message. I can't insert them into the text or go into my photo albums and send them from there. I have to take a screen shot of them, crop it and then send.

4. I can not send videos in WhatsApp or photos. When I go to send a video in my photo album, it looks like it loads/downloads and then it pops up and is blank.

5. I can play and view all photos in my album. However, when I open a video in my photo album it says downloading video. Once that is complete and I try to edit it, it gives me an error message that reads "There was an error saving this video. Please try again later."

I have restarted my phone. I have logged out of my Apple account and logged back in. My cellular data is turned on. MMS messaging is on. My phone is up to date. I ran updates on all of my apps. Any other thoughts?

Can anyone help!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Aug 1, 2016 12:11 PM

6 replies

Aug 8, 2016 11:53 AM in response to BreDavis08

I've had this issue too, it started 3 weeks ago (right after an instagram update) and the only way I cleared it up was to backup my phone, restore it to factory and apply my backup. The same thing happened after the next instagram update so I had to go through that process again. Unfortunately, it just started doing it again today... There has to be some app that is causing a conflict with the new versions because I can log in to my account on another device with no problem. So frustrating. I've also had the not being able to add a picture to texts either, but I can go through photos and send it that way. It's on and off though and works sometimes.

Aug 10, 2016 10:29 AM in response to BreDavis08

Update: I did all of the below and it seemed to help my issue.

1. I went into my photo settings and turned off optimize iphone storage (clicking download and keep originals instead). I immediately received a pop up that said I did not have enough storage.

2. I then went and dumped all of my photos to my external hard drive at home. Then deleted photos/videos from my phone. I went from about 500 photos to 100 on my phone.

3. I deleted and reinstalled Instagram

4. Made sure all of my updates were current on the phone

5. Restarted my phone

My problems seem to be fixed for now. I think it is a storage issue with my phone when I take a lot of photos/videos since I have the 16gb. I think I just have to regularly dump them onto my hard drive and not store them in my iphone. :/

Major Photo/Video Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.