Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone SE battery draining

I have an iphone SE that is ~1 month old. Just this past week the phone has shown massive battery drain. For example: I had the phone fully charged at 8pm. I left the phone on my night stand (unplugged), and in standby, and when I woke up the phone was fully drained and turned off.

I've tried system restores, rolling back the update to 9.3.2, starting with a "fresh" install (not even using a backup) and the phone continues to show unacceptable battery drain.

I have a genius bar appointment scheduled for a few days, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2016 11:15 AM

8 replies

Aug 9, 2016 12:40 PM in response to TjRome13

You can try:

1. upgrade the software to 9.3.4

2. Settings --> General --> Background App Refresh = Turn Off

3. Settings --> battery = Check the first three % that battery is using. If these are 3rd party app then you do not have any battery problem.

4. Settings ---> General ---> Reset ---> erase all contents and settings = it will delete all data from your phone. make sure you have back up of your device.

5. Make sure you are using apple adapter and apple power cord for charging.

6. What is the display brightness you are using ?

7. Are you turning on your location service?

8. Are you right now in a place where you have difficulties to connect with carrier or connect with WIFI / Cellular Data?

Still your battery is draining

* Call apple care and tell the advisor to make a battery diagnosis and let you know what is the battery condition.

For maximizing battery usage: http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Iphone SE battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.