Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of white border

I am trying to print a flyer I made in Pages but no matter what I do a white border surrounds it. How do I fix this?

Posted on Aug 2, 2016 9:58 PM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2016 10:44 PM in response to dylanfromatlanta

Hi Dylan,

This may depend partly on the capability of your printer to print to the edge of the page.

In Pages, there are several settings in the Document Inspector that may help you print to the edge of the page.

In the View menu, choose Show Layout.

In the View menu again, choose Inspector > Document Setup.

In the Document Setup Inspector

• uncheck the Header and Footer checkboxes
  • set all four margins to 0
  • Consider unchecking the Document Body checkbox (green arrow) (But read below first)

User uploaded file

Unchecking the Document Body box converts the default Word processing document to a Page Layout document by removing the 'body', also known as the Text Layer, which contains all of the 'body text' and any objects that have been placed 'inline' (aka 'move with the text'). If you have text on your current document that is not in text boxes, you may want to open a NEW document, convert it to a Page Layout document, and work from there.

Page layout documents do not have a 'document body.' Any text that is placed in the document must be placed in Text boxes, or in a Shape inserted from the Shapes button's menu. Images, shapes, charts and tables are other objects that may be placed ('laid out') on the page.

Regards,

Barry

How to get rid of white border

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.