Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I enlarge a photo by a certain percentage? And then print the enlargement?

For an art project I would like to enlarge an image by a certain percentage and then print it out.

On my PC I used to be able to do this in Photoshop Elements, but I don't have Photoshop anymore. Can I do t his in Photos?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), iOS 9.3.3, Photos

Posted on Aug 3, 2016 10:23 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2016 10:38 AM in response to marilynfromhayden lake

Photos cannot enlarge the pixel size of a photo. When you export a photo from Photos with "File > Export", you can set a new pixel size, but but Photos will not export at a larger size than the maximum width or height in pixels.

You could try the tool "Online Image Enlarger" to increase the pixel size for printing. It will try to add pixels while preserving the sharpness as much as possible: Just upload a photo and specify a factor for enlargement and pick an interpolation method.

See this link: Online Image Enlarger

http://www.imageenlarger.com/

Aug 3, 2016 10:37 AM in response to marilynfromhayden lake

You can do size adjustments with Preview. Select the file you would like to enlarge in Finder, and hit the spacebar to open it in QuickLook, at the top right will be a button "Open In Preview", click this button and your picture will open. Once it is open, go to the menu bar and click Tools, and find "Adjust Size". In the box that appears you can choose between adjusting the picture by pixels, percent and others.
Hope this helps!

How can I enlarge a photo by a certain percentage? And then print the enlargement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.