Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I be able to charge ipad while in recovery mode?

My ipad is stuck in recovery mode with the symbol of itunes in middle of screen. Even with it in recovery mode should I still be able to charge it fully?

iPad, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 3, 2016 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2016 6:16 PM

Okay, now we are getting somewhere. See this support document about restore errors. Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Seems the error 28 can be a hardware error. You may want to make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store to have them examine the device. They can explain your options from there.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2016 6:16 PM in response to murrylv

Okay, now we are getting somewhere. See this support document about restore errors. Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Seems the error 28 can be a hardware error. You may want to make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store to have them examine the device. They can explain your options from there.

Should I be able to charge ipad while in recovery mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.