Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Organizing featured artists in itunes

I have a question that I've been trying to figure out for a while now but cant seem to find a solution I like. I listent to a lot of rap music so there are more than one artist on many of the songs, also have bad itunes OCD. It seems there is no way to add featured artists for single tracks. I know you can just put the featured artists at the end of the track name or after the artist name such as "My Life (ft. Lil Wayne) - The Game" or "My Life - The Game ft. Lil Wayne" but i hate how that looks and the sorting gets all funky. Is there another way such as a separate tab or field to put featured artist into? really would like to find a solution that is pleasing to my eyeballs.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Aug 5, 2016 9:13 AM

3 replies

Aug 5, 2016 7:03 PM in response to redsoxpatsbscs

Red Sox,

There really is not a good way. iTunes (and the ID3 standards which it loosely follows) provides one field for the song title and another for the artist. You can add the featured artist to whichever you prefer, as in your examples. Adding to the end of the track name is the more common approach nowadays, although neither way is fully satisfactory.

Aug 5, 2016 7:31 PM in response to redsoxpatsbscs

You can take advantage of the fact that every track has an Artist and an Album Artist field.

In your example, I would fill them this way:

Name: My Life

Album Artist: The Game

Artist: The Game (ft. Lil Wayne)

In other words, Album Artist stays the same for all album tracks, but Artist field can be different for each track, if appropriate.

Organizing featured artists in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.