Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix error code 22 on iphone 5s?

Hi,

My phone is iPhone 5s 16g and I just finished upgrading my operating system to iOS 9.3.4. After the update because when I was upgrading OS of my phone when it was still in lower versions it deleted files like, the music, photos, other downloaded apps and etc. which is I think normally when upgrading but then when the latest version (iOS 9.3.4), it didn't delete a single file. I was just wondering and wanted to ask if is this really what happens when upgrading the latest version of the OS? My other question is what do you mean by Error code: 22? I tried logging in to my facebook account (this is after the upgrading), when I press log in, a window will pop out and say 'Log In Failed' and is talking about the error code 22. How can I possibly fix this immediately because I can't use my apps if this is what happen?

I haven't done any troubleshooting yet because I don't really know what to do.

Hope to receive an immediate response regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Carmel Burgos

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Aug 5, 2016 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2016 11:30 AM

Hello Carmel, to answer your questions:

1) iOS updates should not delete any data on your phone, the system is updated but nothing else changes. All data and settings should stay the same. That is the normal behavior.

2) For Apple errors check this. However 22 is not listed there. 21-23 may help:

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

3) For the Facebook App you may have to contact Facebook as it is their issue. Alternatively you could delete the app, restart the phone and reinstall the app. This works for many. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2016 11:30 AM in response to came_ria

Hello Carmel, to answer your questions:

1) iOS updates should not delete any data on your phone, the system is updated but nothing else changes. All data and settings should stay the same. That is the normal behavior.

2) For Apple errors check this. However 22 is not listed there. 21-23 may help:

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

3) For the Facebook App you may have to contact Facebook as it is their issue. Alternatively you could delete the app, restart the phone and reinstall the app. This works for many. Good luck.

How to fix error code 22 on iphone 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.