Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log in to Messages or FaceTime on my iPad

I Can't log into Messages or FaceTime on my iPad.

I can log into iCloud with my Apple ID but not Messagess or FaceTime.

i Updated to 9.3.4.

i Recently received Hundreds of emails from some asian spammer all at once. I think my message account was hacked or something . I was trying to log in to delete them but I can't log in now.

i Have tried to reboot and also did a reset an erase and restore but nothing seems to be working.

I Have also rest my Apple ID a few times with new passwords etc, but nothing is working.

SUggestions?

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Aug 6, 2016 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2016 4:39 PM

Hello Randy Burleson1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you are not able to login to iMessage or FaceTime on your iPad Air. I love using iMessage and FaceTime myself so, I want to help you the best I can in resolving these issues. First, I recommend making sure your Apple ID is working properly. To do this try logging into appleid.apple.com from your computer's browser.

If you are successful, then on your iPhone go to Settings then Messages. Scroll down and tap the section called Send & Receive. If you are signed into iMessage you will see the words Apple ID and your email address. Tap your Apple ID email address and then tap Sign Out.

Once signed out tap Use your Apple ID with iMessage and enter your Apple ID email address and password.

Repeat the same steps with FaceTime.

If you are receiving any error messages, please respond and let us know what error messages you are receiving.

Best Regards

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2016 4:39 PM in response to Randy Burleson1

Hello Randy Burleson1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you are not able to login to iMessage or FaceTime on your iPad Air. I love using iMessage and FaceTime myself so, I want to help you the best I can in resolving these issues. First, I recommend making sure your Apple ID is working properly. To do this try logging into appleid.apple.com from your computer's browser.

If you are successful, then on your iPhone go to Settings then Messages. Scroll down and tap the section called Send & Receive. If you are signed into iMessage you will see the words Apple ID and your email address. Tap your Apple ID email address and then tap Sign Out.

Once signed out tap Use your Apple ID with iMessage and enter your Apple ID email address and password.

Repeat the same steps with FaceTime.

If you are receiving any error messages, please respond and let us know what error messages you are receiving.

Best Regards

Aug 10, 2016 12:03 PM in response to Randy Burleson1

Hello Randy Burleson1,

When you reset, erased and restored, did you set the iPad up as new and test it without restoring any kind of backup file? If not, I recommend using iTunes on your computer to restore the iPad and set it up as new. If you do not have a backup file already, you will want to create one.

This article will provide you with the steps to backup your iPad:

How toback upyour iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

After you have a backup file then use the steps in this article to restore the iPad and set it up as new:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Once you have restored the iPad and set it up as new, try signing into iMessage and FaceTime again. If you are successful, then you can restore your backup file.

Regards

I can't log in to Messages or FaceTime on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.