Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I connect to my Lacie Cloudbox?

I've used this cloudbox connected directly to the computer by the cable before, and it worked fine, but this time when I try to open it from the Finder it says "Connection Failed." Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it? Thanks.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Aug 7, 2016 7:04 AM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2016 7:34 PM in response to Stardust747

Hey there Stardust747!

Thanks for bringing your question to the Apple Support Communities. It's always important to use external hard drives as a backup means for your computer. Though this specific error may lead us over to LaCie support, we can confirm that your iMac is able to recognize or "See" the device.

Confirm if your iMac is actually seeing the connected device by using System Profiler. Additionally, you may be interested in updating to the new El Capitan 10.11.6. This update resolves an issue that prevented some network devices, such as speakers and multifunction printers, from accessing SMB share points.

OS X: About System Information and System Profiler

Update the software on your Mac

If the LaCie Cloudbox is still not connecting, you may wish to confirm with LaCie support for additional troubleshooting.

Happy computing!

Why can't I connect to my Lacie Cloudbox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.