Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get the Phone app back on iPhone

I accidentally deleted my phone application from my iPhone, the phone app is not in the app store. how do i get the icon from the phone back on my phone, currently i can only access it thru siri.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Aug 8, 2016 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2016 8:52 AM

Hi

The Phone app cannot be deleted or hidden.

You may have moved it from the Dock to a different Home screen and/or into a folder.

To search for the Phone app, when viewing the Home screen on your iPhone:

- Swipe down on the centre of the screen > in the Search box at the top of the screen, type "phone" > the app icon will be shown (you can open it from there) along with any folder name, shown to the right hand side of the icon.

Having located it, you may then wish to drag it back into the Dock: touch and hold your finger on the app icon until it starts jiggling, then drag it to the Dock. Press the Home button once when done.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2016 8:52 AM in response to Community User

Hi

The Phone app cannot be deleted or hidden.

You may have moved it from the Dock to a different Home screen and/or into a folder.

To search for the Phone app, when viewing the Home screen on your iPhone:

- Swipe down on the centre of the screen > in the Search box at the top of the screen, type "phone" > the app icon will be shown (you can open it from there) along with any folder name, shown to the right hand side of the icon.

Having located it, you may then wish to drag it back into the Dock: touch and hold your finger on the app icon until it starts jiggling, then drag it to the Dock. Press the Home button once when done.

How to get the Phone app back on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.