Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Apple ID cannot end in @icloud.com?

On my Apple ID, I have two emails under 'Contactable At'.

It says my @gmail.com email address is my Apple ID email address.

It says my @icloud.com email address is an alias of my Apple ID email address.

I want to make my @icloud.com email address my Apple ID email address.

When click on 'Edit Email Address...' it asks me to enter a new email address to be used as my Apple ID.

When I enter my @icloud.com email address it says 'Your Apple ID cannot end in @icloud.com. Choose a different address.'

I'd really appreciate some help!

Posted on Aug 9, 2016 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2017 9:51 AM

This is unacceptable. The Apple folks need to provide a clear and open reason why any email address at all should not be an acceptable Apple ID. The big problem I have is the email address I had used is an @att.net email address. These have been thoroughly hacked I am discontinuing its use at the end of the year. My Apple ID will cease to be a valid email address. Given the history of other email domains and how many of them are being run by shoddy vendors I would really like to put all my eggs in the Apple basket.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2017 9:51 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

This is unacceptable. The Apple folks need to provide a clear and open reason why any email address at all should not be an acceptable Apple ID. The big problem I have is the email address I had used is an @att.net email address. These have been thoroughly hacked I am discontinuing its use at the end of the year. My Apple ID will cease to be a valid email address. Given the history of other email domains and how many of them are being run by shoddy vendors I would really like to put all my eggs in the Apple basket.

Oct 4, 2016 10:01 AM in response to JFKONE

you are not discussing your issue with Apple, we are volunteers.

Apple has ended the @me, and @icloud account availability to new Apple users, in addition the @apple.com accounts are only for Apple employees. If you already have one it is currently still available for email but the iCloud restriction seems to be associated with this change. This information was provided to me by sr. Apple rep during a phone call regarding iCloud with Apple about a week ago but I am unable to find documentation on line to confirm what was told me.

If you wish to discuss with Apple you can submit feedback directly to them from this link

apple.com/feedback

Your Apple ID cannot end in @icloud.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.