Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot update app different Apple ID

SO I have been trying to update my apps in the App Store but it says my Apple ID is ****; which its not. When I try to purchase new apps, the Apple ID is correct but not when updating. My ID in settings is correc. I don't know what to do. Please help

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2, null

Posted on Aug 9, 2016 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2016 10:34 AM

If those apps were originally purchased with that other AppleID, then you cannot update them with your AppleID. You will need to delete them and purchase them with your own AppleID. Purchases are forever tied to the AppleID used at the time of original purchase and download. They cannot be transferred to another AppleID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2016 10:34 AM in response to avitaff

If those apps were originally purchased with that other AppleID, then you cannot update them with your AppleID. You will need to delete them and purchase them with your own AppleID. Purchases are forever tied to the AppleID used at the time of original purchase and download. They cannot be transferred to another AppleID.

Cannot update app different Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.