Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to add ALL albums from artist in Apple Music to a user-created playlist?

As best I can tell, albums in Apple Music must be added one at a time to custom playlists in iTunes. This also appears to be true in the iOS Apple Music app. Is there any clever workaround I'm missing? When an artist has 20 or more albums, it is quite tedious to have to select "add to playlist" over and over again. "Select all" when viewing an artist's albums is greyed out so that's not an option. Any ideas?

iCloud / Photostream-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 9, 2016 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2016 12:54 PM

Please add an "ADD ALL" button for albums, thanks.

5 replies

Nov 30, 2016 12:14 PM in response to threesixty

Hmm, I can select a particular artist via the artists view, say The Beatles since I have 23 albums. Click a track to select it. Pres Ctrl+A on my keyboard to select all visible tracks in the current view, then right-click and use Add to Playlist. Would that not work for you? If I just want to play them I can drag and drop the selection onto Up Next. What you can do with Apple Music is another matter altogether and, as I've said, I'm not really in a position to explore options there with no active subscription.

tt2

Nov 30, 2016 1:50 PM in response to turingtest2

Your assumption that this would be true is logical, but no.
That's what we're shaking our heads at.

The functions you suggest, while circuitous, would be a work around.
But they don't seem to be available for items in Apple Music that have not yet been added to the library.

There may be a secret-decoder-special method to do these things that I'm unaware of but, even if there is, the fact that it's not immediately self evident is a demonstration that the interface is unintuitive.

I also confirmed with Kirk McElhearn that there's no "Play All" function hidden elsewhere.
(the "Play" triangle is grayed out when showing the results of the artist search.)

My experience with the interface is that it's dogged and tedious and no joy to use — it turns simple things into complicated ones.

Any way to add ALL albums from artist in Apple Music to a user-created playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.