Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 will not install on new MacBook Pro

Apparently, PS Elements 14 is not compatible with OS X El Capitan. Has anyone else experienced this? Are the earlier versions of Elements also incompatible? I need this on my laptop....really disappointed that I can't install it. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), downloaded but will not install

Posted on Aug 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2016 2:56 PM

Contact Adobe. They claim it's compatible.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html

12 replies

Aug 9, 2016 3:03 PM in response to dialabrain

It was a very long download with stops and starts. After it completed I went through the paces to install it and it would not install. I don't know if it was an error-filled download? Maybe. Like I mentioned above, it was an Adobe chat that informed me about El Capitan. Guess he needs some more training. I think I'll give it another try. I was amazed that Amazon refunded the download charge. Could that be the problem? An Amazon download??

Aug 11, 2016 2:01 PM in response to dialabrain

Just a follow up. Adobe chat support solved the issue today and installation was successful. FYI - when they ask for a Password to "install" they're not referring to your Adobe Password, or your Apple Password - they want the dumb little Password you use to open your computer after you turn it on. 😠 Thanks everyone!

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 will not install on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.