Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Air Shou safe

So, I would like to start recording my screen on my iPhone and I have heard of something called Air Shou.

FIrst of all, I would like to know if this is safe. Would this harm my phone in any way?

Second, is this legal. Why is it not on the app store?

Finally, when I update my phone, does it scan for third party software and if it detects air Shou will it brick my phone.

I Do not have this program and do NOT intend to get it if there is any problemss with it or if it is not legal or recommended to use

I have put this in the iTunes Store. community because I am also wondering why it is not available in AppStore

MAny thanks!

Posted on Aug 11, 2016 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2016 3:56 AM

The only source of iOS apps is Apple's App Store. Installing anything from anywhere else will require a hack or exploit of some sort and thus you use such software entirely at your own risk. And no, there is no guarantee it is safe or malware free since it has not been vetted by the App Store submission process.

NOte that Air Shou does install a profile as well as an app, in order to bypass normal iOS installation requirements. That profile however, can give the coders permission and access to other things without your knowledge. Accepting and installing unknown vendor profiles on a computing device is no better than blindly clicking on any and every software installer you find on the web or ones some anonymous spammer sends you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2016 3:56 AM in response to Zebedi1

The only source of iOS apps is Apple's App Store. Installing anything from anywhere else will require a hack or exploit of some sort and thus you use such software entirely at your own risk. And no, there is no guarantee it is safe or malware free since it has not been vetted by the App Store submission process.

NOte that Air Shou does install a profile as well as an app, in order to bypass normal iOS installation requirements. That profile however, can give the coders permission and access to other things without your knowledge. Accepting and installing unknown vendor profiles on a computing device is no better than blindly clicking on any and every software installer you find on the web or ones some anonymous spammer sends you.

Aug 11, 2016 6:21 AM in response to Zebedi1

A P.S. about using such apps from untrusted sources - since by definition these apps are running in the background and recording all screen activity, they are prime candidates for malicious code. They may stay running in the background, even after you think you've quite them, and may be able to then record and send passcode keystrokes and other data you enter at the touch screen. There have been such exploits reported in screen recording apps for Android and Windows.

So, use such a thing at your own risk, but don't be naive about the potential for someone releasing such code to abuse your trust.

Is Air Shou safe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.