Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new iphone 6 today, but when I activate it, its says, the id has links to another email address

new iphone but when activate, it has already linked to another?

Posted on Aug 11, 2016 8:29 PM

4 replies

Aug 12, 2016 1:37 AM in response to mifrombrookline

Hi

You are describing Activation Lock, which prevents unauthorised use of a previously owned / used iPhone if it is lost or stolen.

This can be disabled either by the previous owner entering their Apple ID and password on the device or removing the iPhone from their devices list in Find My iPhone via iCloud.com. In either case, be sure to follow the related instructions in the first article below.

If you cannot arrange for either of these steps to be taken, then you will be unable to use the iPhone and should return it for a refund or exchange. There is no way around this security feature.

More information and instructions:

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

I bought a new iphone 6 today, but when I activate it, its says, the id has links to another email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.