Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charge my iWatch with a Ipad charger ?

Hi guys!

I lost my original charger to my iPhone wich i used to charge my iWatch with. My question is if i can use my iPad charger to charge my iWatch? // Nino

Apple Watch Sport 42mm, iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Aug 12, 2016 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2016 2:17 PM

I assume you mean the wall charger (plugs into the power socket). It is possible, but using it continuously could damage your Apple Watch (not iWatch) battery. The Apple Watch is made for use with a 5V Wall Charger, Apple Watches and iPhones come with these. Hope this helps!

5 replies

Aug 12, 2016 4:14 PM in response to ninofromljusdal

AlfieTech wrote:

.. It is possible, but using it continuously could damage your Apple Watch (not iWatch) battery.

I'm afraid that this is incorrect.

Apple states that the 12W iPad USB Power Adapter, for example, is compatible with Apple Watch. Continuous use of this power adapter - as opposed to a 5W adapter - would not cause any damage to your watch's battery. The charging process will only involve drawing as much current from the adapter as the watch needs.

See under "Compatibility" here:

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD836LL/A/apple-12w-usb-power-adapter?fnode=91

Charge my iWatch with a Ipad charger ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.