Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Update iCloud for Windows

I'm unable to update the iCloud Control Panel for Windows. I currently have version 3.1.0.40 and am trying to update to the latest version. I have Windows 7.

Here is what I have tried:

• Downloading iCloud for Windows from Apple's website
  • Running Apple Software Update and letting it try to install the update
  • Running Apple Software Update and going to Tools > Download Only, then manually running the installer

They all produce a similar error message:

User uploaded file

When running the installer manually, the step that the installer always gets hung up on is "Removing backup files." Based on this information, what can I do to get it to update?

Posted on Aug 13, 2016 5:02 PM

9 replies

Aug 18, 2016 10:38 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Try this...

Quit all running programs. Go to Start menu > Run > type in %TEMP% > click OK. Type Ctrl+A, then tap Delete to move everything in there to the recycle bin (it's okay; these are temp files which *should* be cleaned up by the creator program; Disk Cleanup also deletes any file in here which is more than 2 weeks old).

Then do the same thing in C:/Windows/Temp. If any programs are running when you do this, you won't be able to delete all of them and you will have to click Skip on some of the files (e.g., McAfeeLogs will not delete from %TEMP% as long as the agent or VirusScan or Host IPS is running). You should end up with maybe 5 or 6 files remaining. Then reboot, and then right click on the installer and select "Run as administrator". Does that work?

Unable to Update iCloud for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.