Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 drivers for Mac

Hi,

I just recently installed windows 8 through bootcamp, then proceeded to update it to windows 8.1. Then I downloaded a windows 10 iso and updated my 8.1 to 10. But now im having some driver issues. When I was using windows 8 and 8.1, I had no driver issues, but now I cant control my keyboard brightness, screen brightness, or volume keys.. basically all the fn keys are out of wack. I've tried looking on google to see if I can find the drivers I need, but everything always says to use the "Apple Software Update" tool on windows to get the drivers. I did that, but it says my machine is up to date. Can anyone help me get the correct drivers please, and tell me how to install them?

I am using a 2015 retina mac book pro 15 inch that uses the latest version of OS X and Windows 10 Education.

Thank you,

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Aug 14, 2016 11:58 AM

6 replies

Aug 14, 2016 3:34 PM in response to MrMetalHead1100

Yes, inside WindowsSupport is a BootCamp directory. Open that and then right click on Setup.exe and select "Run as administrator". This executable kicks off a number of others, so be patient. One of them (I forget which) fails routinely on my Mac Pro; if you see that dialog just click the X in the upper right to dismiss it, but don't cancel anything... they will all run and eventually you should be prompted to reboot. Hold down the Option key when you hear the Mac startup chime and you can pick your Windows boot volume from there.

Aug 14, 2016 8:30 PM in response to MrMetalHead1100

Right click on empty space on the home page/desktop > select Display Settings > click on Advanced Display Settings. There is a Resolution menu near the bottom; I always advised to set it to whatever is "Recommended", but sometimes that makes the text and icons too small. But you can select a different resolution there; click Apply to see the difference. There is also a "Advanced sizing of text and other items" (2nd item from the bottom of the screen) but I would recommend trying a different resolution before trying those; sometimes changing certain items w/out changing the screen resolution can lead to lines of text in dialog boxes not being displayed correctly, OK and Cancel buttons hanging off the bottom of the screen, etc.

Windows 10 drivers for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.