Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my Apple ID without access to old trusted devices or my trusted number.

I recently replaced the screen on my iPhone 6 after a long period of it being inactive.

During this time I forgot my unlock code and changed my number.

I have been trying to recover my account so I can restore my newly fixed phone back to my last back up as I had to restart the phone to get past my password. However I cannot do this without a verification code that I do not have access to and I cannot find my way to recover the account. I know both the user name and password.

What do I do?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Aug 15, 2016 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2016 2:55 PM

It sounds as if you have set up two-step verification.

Then you just need your recovery key and you'll be all set.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID - Apple Support

Without your recovery key and assuming you also have no access to a trusted device, you will never be able to use that Apple ID ever again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2016 2:55 PM in response to herncabret

It sounds as if you have set up two-step verification.

Then you just need your recovery key and you'll be all set.

If you can't sign in with two-step verification using your Apple ID - Apple Support

Without your recovery key and assuming you also have no access to a trusted device, you will never be able to use that Apple ID ever again.

Aug 15, 2016 3:44 PM in response to herncabret

As that link that sberman posted clearly states, if you've lost two or more of the required 2-step verification authentication tokens (password, trusted devices and/or your recovery key) then no, your AppleID cannot be recovered. You will have to make a new AppleID.

2-step verification is a great way to protect your AppleID, but you cannot expect it to be recoverable when you've forgotten every single one of the security verification features. You should have the recovery key safely stored somewhere. Since there are no security questions with 2-step verification, that recovery key is vital to recover the AppleID account.

How do I recover my Apple ID without access to old trusted devices or my trusted number.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.