Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset my security questions when it says they cannot be reset because their is not enough information?

I want to reset my security questions. I know my apple ID and password. I tried to make a purchase and it asked me my questions. Since I could not remember them I went to iforgot to try to reset them but it said I could not reset my questions because there was not enough information. No alternative was given. HELP!

Posted on Aug 16, 2016 4:33 PM

14 replies

Jun 16, 2017 2:43 AM in response to Nana yawgh

There is no "next option":-((( !!!!

I had a long call with Apple support and in the end they (poor) guy had to retreat to get me rid by promising to send an email with info on how to enable two-factor authentication – under my circumstances.

HOWEVER, this requires to answer security questions, too, first!

I am even pretty sure I never answered the questions I am asked now rot bin with, but trying just return as an answer does also not help...

This is ridiculous, esp. considering that you do not have any option to get a new iCloud account for the same email again (or do you?)... then at least I could do that and fill it from my local data/backups.

Sep 21, 2017 9:28 AM in response to kcarr07

I thought I would just reply with a update on this issue although original post is a little old and security questions themselves will eventually likely be obsolete

This is a more rare issue and can be frustrating but actually is a very simple fix.

What you have to do is call Apple care/iOS (1-800-MY APPLE/1-800-692-7753)

What you will need to do is go to appleid.apple.com, sign in like you normally would with password, and when it brings you to answer security questions at the bottom of that menu click instead "generate temporary support pin"

Give it to the agent, then they will be required to verify one other piece of identity. It may need to be at least one correct answer to security questions, up to date credit card info on file (they never need the whole card number, legit apple care never asks for the entire CC number or pin etc), or other information depending on how much info you set up on your appleid.

If they are able to verify you they are able to reset your security questions, then you sign into appleid.apple.com again, but this it asks you to select new ones.

Another word of advice, write them down/type them and save them somewhere. It is not apple's fault you set up security features on your account then cant remember your own answers. Hope this helps for all of you having this problem.

How can I reset my security questions when it says they cannot be reset because their is not enough information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.