Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts are syncing to my husbands phone. How do I stop that?

MY contacts are syncing to my husbands phone. I have iPhone 6 and he just got the 6s. How do we change this? We have separate icloud accounts.

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 18, 2016 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2016 7:07 PM

Hey there 🙂

There could be a few reasons as to why your contacts are syncing to your husband's device.

The common reason to this usually occurring is mainly because there is one appleID being used and signed into over two or more devices thus having contacts synced to the device. Basically, when the appleID is signed into on your husband's device, the contacts from your device will then automatically sync and begin to save onto your husbands iPhone via iCloud.

To fix the issue, I suggest either creating a new additional appleID giving each device their own account. By clicking this blue hyperlink I've provided you, will direct you straight to where you'll need to go, if you choose to create a new appleID --> Set up an Apple ID in iTunes - Apple Support OR alternatively, to hopefully stop your contacts from syncing to your husbands iPhone, go to his Settings > iCloud > Turn off Contacts (slide the switch to the left besides 'Contacts').

Please do reply if this does not fix the issue so that I can assist you until you are satisfied with the outcome 🙂

Have a great day,

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2016 7:07 PM in response to kellyfromgrand rapids

Hey there 🙂

There could be a few reasons as to why your contacts are syncing to your husband's device.

The common reason to this usually occurring is mainly because there is one appleID being used and signed into over two or more devices thus having contacts synced to the device. Basically, when the appleID is signed into on your husband's device, the contacts from your device will then automatically sync and begin to save onto your husbands iPhone via iCloud.

To fix the issue, I suggest either creating a new additional appleID giving each device their own account. By clicking this blue hyperlink I've provided you, will direct you straight to where you'll need to go, if you choose to create a new appleID --> Set up an Apple ID in iTunes - Apple Support OR alternatively, to hopefully stop your contacts from syncing to your husbands iPhone, go to his Settings > iCloud > Turn off Contacts (slide the switch to the left besides 'Contacts').

Please do reply if this does not fix the issue so that I can assist you until you are satisfied with the outcome 🙂

Have a great day,

My contacts are syncing to my husbands phone. How do I stop that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.