Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music student discount not working

So I did all the steps and verified it thru my school email and it says i successfully redeemed it. But after I click the link it tries to redirect me to itunes but doesn't work. It just says "This feature requires Apple music." "To use this feature, make sure Apple Music is selected in Preferences." Thats it. I went to preferences and it was on; I messed around with all the settings and that message still pops up. PLEASE HELPPPP 😟😢

Posted on Aug 18, 2016 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2016 5:32 PM

Hello, i have the same exact problem. Were you able to find the solution to this? Thank you.

10 replies

Oct 5, 2016 3:07 PM in response to yansalindo

I got it to work when I used my iPhone and changed my payment method. It used to be "none", because I only used the money on my account from gift cards and therefore never added a real payment method. Apple has been trying to make me add one, but I never did. Now I had the option on my phone to add "phone bill" as a payment option which I did. Then the student discount was also working and I can use it now on my Mac as well.

Apple music student discount not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.