Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add test results to the Health Data app?

I had a medical test yesterday, and I'd like to keep a record of the results.

I'd also like to keep a running record of my blood pressure, pulse, and hemoglobin, which I take weekly.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Aug 19, 2016 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2016 4:25 AM

Re: "Note: if Health doesn't have a particular data type available, you can't add it." How disappointing.

The test I had was a colonoscopy, and it came out great, and I don't have to have another for 10 years. I can easily imagine 4 or 5 years from now forgetting when it was that I had the test. It would have been massively convenient to just look on this app. Now I'll have to start a paper record somewhere. And if I have a paper record of the colonoscopy, I probably won't want to have to look in multiple places for health data, so I'll probably store ALL my health data in paper.

Drat. I was hoping the Health Data app would be more useful than this.

Thank you, Meg, for letting me know this.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2016 4:25 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Re: "Note: if Health doesn't have a particular data type available, you can't add it." How disappointing.

The test I had was a colonoscopy, and it came out great, and I don't have to have another for 10 years. I can easily imagine 4 or 5 years from now forgetting when it was that I had the test. It would have been massively convenient to just look on this app. Now I'll have to start a paper record somewhere. And if I have a paper record of the colonoscopy, I probably won't want to have to look in multiple places for health data, so I'll probably store ALL my health data in paper.

Aug 19, 2016 5:20 AM in response to WriterandArtist

On the same screen that includes Add Data Point, there is also an option to Show on Dashboard. Enable this setting to have the chart for that data type included within the Dashboard tab in the Health app.

In addition to providing a convenient way of viewing the data, this also provides a more convenient way to add new new data points over time - by tapping on the chart and then on Add Data Point.

Aug 20, 2016 8:10 AM in response to WriterandArtist

You could just create a reminder in the Reminders app. In fact, create a "health" list in the Reminders app, and put that and other health reminders in it.

You also need to take into consideration that you may not have an iPhone in 10 years (or they may no longer exist), so information of any kind that you store in it today will no longer be accessible. for that matter, predicting what technology will still be usable in 10 years is really a shot in the dark.

I maintain independence from technology as much as possible; important information that I need to keep for long periods of time I save in Evernote, which is technology independent, running on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Amazon tablets and directly on its website. So if my next phone is an Android (or a phone that doesn't exist today) I will still have access to my information. Evernote may not be around in 10 years, either, but as it's the most popular notes service around and has a strong business record the chances are pretty good. Then again, I may not be around in 10 years, either, so it would be moot.

Aug 20, 2016 7:54 AM in response to WriterandArtist

WriterandArtist wrote:

It's hard to say what the future holds. You can certainly let Apple know what you'd like to see in the future:

http://www.apple.com/apple

Best of luck!

How do you add test results to the Health Data app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.