Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email/invoice for Apple Music Membership, not sure if it is legitimate or a scam

I randomly received two emails today stating that I will be charged £19.99 for an Apple Music Membership that I did not sign up for, I've never even heard of Apple Music.

I will insert a screenshot of the email below:

Initial points that made me thing it wasn't an official apple email was the "Apple TM Inv." on the from line. When i click on this the email address that sent me this shows as: in857@myaccess.apple.com

ALL my invoices have only ever came from "Apple" and the email address: no_reply@email.apple.com

And also, I don't know anyone called Mark, nor do I know anyone who owns an ipod/i dont have an ipod myself

I followed the guide on how to see/manage my subscriptions, rather than clicking the link on the email, and it doesnt have any subscriptions showing on my account.

User uploaded file

I'm pretty sure this is a scam, it does look similar to my past invoices but not the same. However, I would like to be sure so that the money doesn't come out of my account. Any help is appreciated 🙂

Also I apologise if this is in the wrong category, none of them seemed to fit my problem in the slightest

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on Aug 19, 2016 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2016 11:14 AM

It's a phishing email, you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

(I've asked the hosts to remove your first image as it contains your account id - it's not a good idea to post personal info on any public forum.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2016 11:14 AM in response to CaitlinGowland

It's a phishing email, you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

(I've asked the hosts to remove your first image as it contains your account id - it's not a good idea to post personal info on any public forum.)

Aug 19, 2016 11:08 AM in response to CaitlinGowland

If you choose to REPORT this to Apple, it is important to Forward as ATTACHMENT as the email's Header contains vital information for action to taken by

Security Awareness Training | Email Phishing Security | PhishLabs

https://www.phishlabs.com/

Apple's partner in fighting SCAMs -

Apple does not have a "department" of Crime Fighting, so they farm it out 😉

email/invoice for Apple Music Membership, not sure if it is legitimate or a scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.