Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Supported web browser for lion?

My MacBook doesn't run anything newer than Lion, but all the browsers are out of date already. Chrome is out of date, Opera is unsupported. Everything is unsupported.

Is there any supported browser for Lion? Something like TenFourFox or whatever?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 21, 2016 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2017 8:44 AM

It's October 2017 now, and I run the current version of Waterfox (55.2.2) on OS X 10.7.5. It's derived from Firefox, but is is less tardy than Firefox. I like that the Reader mode has speech output tied to OS X's voices and that it automatically chooses the correct language as well – if only it wouldn't crash sometimes for some reason...

Important for Youtube: If Youtube videos don't play in Waterfox (giving you a playback error message) you will have to deactivate the Multiple Process feature in Waterfox's preference settings.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2017 8:44 AM in response to White-1

It's October 2017 now, and I run the current version of Waterfox (55.2.2) on OS X 10.7.5. It's derived from Firefox, but is is less tardy than Firefox. I like that the Reader mode has speech output tied to OS X's voices and that it automatically chooses the correct language as well – if only it wouldn't crash sometimes for some reason...

Important for Youtube: If Youtube videos don't play in Waterfox (giving you a playback error message) you will have to deactivate the Multiple Process feature in Waterfox's preference settings.

Supported web browser for lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.