Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I reset a child's password within family sharing?

Posted on Aug 21, 2016 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2017 6:34 PM

Apple has the WORST user and password lifecycle management in the entire industry- I have seen enough to state this confidently. Even the local grocer trying to expand his franchise has better password management.

3 replies

Dec 6, 2016 4:20 PM in response to Leroy.Westerling

You can reset the password of young children with Family Sharing. When you create an account for a child, the password recovery email address is set to the email address of the family organizer. So going to http://appleid.apple.com and choosing Forgot Password will send the password recover message to the family organizer, not to the child.

Older kids (generally between 13 and 18) still receive their own password reset emails, or can answer the Security Questions to reset their password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.