Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID is linked to my old email. What can I do?

MY iPad mini was originally set up with an email account that I no longer have. It has locked and requires deactivation but I don't have access to the old email. What can I do?

iPad Mini

Posted on Aug 21, 2016 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2016 8:40 PM

If you are referring to the iPad being signed into iCloud with the old ID, then it depends on how that old ID is related to your current Apple ID:

1. If you simply changed the email account to be used for the ID on your Apple Account, then you can sign the old ID out of iCloud by using your current Apple ID password

2. If you set up a brand new Apple account for your current ID, then you will have to reset the password for the old Apple account ID. Go to: Apple - My Apple ID and click on "Forgot Apple ID or Password" at the bottom of the support photo on that page. Click on Reset Password, and answer your Security Questions to reset the password to the old Apple account ID. If you don't remember the answers to your Security Questions, then contact Apple Support to get a reset link so you can reset those: ACCOUNT SECURITY SUPPORT

Once you get the password reset, you can then use that to sign off the old ID

Best of luck,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2016 8:40 PM in response to JoyJoy37

If you are referring to the iPad being signed into iCloud with the old ID, then it depends on how that old ID is related to your current Apple ID:

1. If you simply changed the email account to be used for the ID on your Apple Account, then you can sign the old ID out of iCloud by using your current Apple ID password

2. If you set up a brand new Apple account for your current ID, then you will have to reset the password for the old Apple account ID. Go to: Apple - My Apple ID and click on "Forgot Apple ID or Password" at the bottom of the support photo on that page. Click on Reset Password, and answer your Security Questions to reset the password to the old Apple account ID. If you don't remember the answers to your Security Questions, then contact Apple Support to get a reset link so you can reset those: ACCOUNT SECURITY SUPPORT

Once you get the password reset, you can then use that to sign off the old ID

Best of luck,

GB

Apple ID is linked to my old email. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.