Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you mass export ALL photos?

I'm using Version 1.3 (350.23.0) but I need to know how to do a batch export/mass export of ALL my photos in Photos for Mac. I would prefer not to drag and drop since I'm trying to back them up on an external hard drive.

Is there any way to do that? In iPhoto, I used to be able to access it via iPhoto library, but now I don't know.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Aug 21, 2016 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2016 7:47 PM

To export all of the original photos to a selected location do the following:

1 - Go to the Photos or All Photos view.

2 - click on one photo and use the key combination of Command + A to select all of the photos in the library.

3 - go tot the File menu and select the Export ➙ Export Unmodified Original for XXXXX Items menu option

User uploaded file

4 - in the next window Select either the Title or File name as the new File Name and either None (all photos to go the one location you designate) or the Moment Name (photos are put into folders named for each moment, i.e. date and location if any). The latter will give you multiple folders with similarly dated photos in each which will be easier to manage than all photos in one folder.

User uploaded file

Be sure the destination volume has enough room to hold the files before starting.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2016 7:47 PM in response to hannahshu

To export all of the original photos to a selected location do the following:

1 - Go to the Photos or All Photos view.

2 - click on one photo and use the key combination of Command + A to select all of the photos in the library.

3 - go tot the File menu and select the Export ➙ Export Unmodified Original for XXXXX Items menu option

User uploaded file

4 - in the next window Select either the Title or File name as the new File Name and either None (all photos to go the one location you designate) or the Moment Name (photos are put into folders named for each moment, i.e. date and location if any). The latter will give you multiple folders with similarly dated photos in each which will be easier to manage than all photos in one folder.

User uploaded file

Be sure the destination volume has enough room to hold the files before starting.

User uploaded file

How do you mass export ALL photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.