Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you change the locking time on the watch? Thank you

Hello,

I just got my watch and I was wondering if you can extend the locking time on the watch. Thank you in advance.

L

Posted on Aug 22, 2016 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2016 1:16 AM

Hi

You might wish to use these settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wrist Detection - turn this on.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wake Screen > Wake Screen on Wrist Raise - turn on.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on.
  • Also on the Passcode settings screen, enable Unlock with iPhone.

After putting it on your wrist, your watch will then unlock after whatever you do first: either unlocking your watch manually (by entering the passcode) or unlocking your iPhone. It will then remain unlocked (including when the screen is asleep) until you remove it from your wrist. When you remove your watch, it will lock automatically.

The screen will also wake automatically when you raise your wrist, remaining awake (without interaction) for a few seconds.

If you instead wake the screen by tapping on it, the length of time for which it remains awake can be set to up to 15 or 70 seconds (it will sleep again if you lower your wrist within that time). To configure this setting:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wake Screen - under On Tap, select Wake for 15 or 70 Seconds.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2016 1:16 AM in response to lmn55

Hi

You might wish to use these settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wrist Detection - turn this on.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wake Screen > Wake Screen on Wrist Raise - turn on.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on.
  • Also on the Passcode settings screen, enable Unlock with iPhone.

After putting it on your wrist, your watch will then unlock after whatever you do first: either unlocking your watch manually (by entering the passcode) or unlocking your iPhone. It will then remain unlocked (including when the screen is asleep) until you remove it from your wrist. When you remove your watch, it will lock automatically.

The screen will also wake automatically when you raise your wrist, remaining awake (without interaction) for a few seconds.

If you instead wake the screen by tapping on it, the length of time for which it remains awake can be set to up to 15 or 70 seconds (it will sleep again if you lower your wrist within that time). To configure this setting:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Wake Screen - under On Tap, select Wake for 15 or 70 Seconds.

can you change the locking time on the watch? Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.