Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I buy quicktime pro for windows 7?

When I click it in quicktime it just sends me to the support page. I want simple video editing- I just want to trim a .mov file without changing it otherwise. For god's sake why aren't there any simple video editors? I'm even willing to pay for something that isn't ludicrously over-complicated for what I need.

Posted on Aug 23, 2016 2:06 PM

14 replies

Aug 23, 2016 2:26 PM in response to FoxFifth

I have tried using movie maker it is overcomplicated garbage.

Every single thing Apple has done since Steve Jobs died has made them worse and worse. I have an iphone and I want to trim the video I made on a screen big enough to select a precise position. Why the **** shouldn't I be able to do that after buying this expensive product? Apple are terrible. The only good stuff they have now is stuff which wasn't changed since Steve Jobs died. absolutely useless

Aug 23, 2016 3:12 PM in response to Holy penguin

I guess I must be completely misunderstanding your question. I thought that you were looking for software that would run on Windows 7. I haven't used and did not suggest movie maker. I currently use Windows 10 for a few things but I would again suggest that if you are looking for Windows 7 software, someone in the Microsoft community would be more likely to be able to assist you.

Aug 25, 2016 6:46 AM in response to FoxFifth

Apple mods: please stop trolling me and reinstate my previous post which did not contain any "product feedback" or "feature requests".

For the information of others, this issue can be easily solved, seek (not here) and you shall find. I wanted to say more, but apple do not want you to have any information about the situation with this product.

Aug 25, 2016 9:10 AM in response to Holy penguin

If you have Quicktime 7 installed, or have the installer, and you already have a Quicktime 7 Pro Key you can use, then yes, you can upgrade to the Pro version.

However, seeing as Apple neither offers Quicktime 7 for download anymore, nor sells Quicktime 7 Pro keys, suggesting any alternate way of acquiring either of these 2, or providing them in any way, violates the terms of service of these forums, and as such is subject to removal.

Aug 25, 2016 2:30 PM in response to Holy penguin

Interesting, I was not aware of that link, thanks for providing it. It may be a left over page that was not removed when QT 7 was discontinued. The general Quicktime download page no longer offers it:

Apple - Support - Downloads

For now that appears to be the only way to get Quicktime 7, though it only mentions Windows XP and Vista as operating system requirements.

How do I buy quicktime pro for windows 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.