Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send an iMessage from my iPhone 6 to my friends android it shows up as an email from VZWPIXcom. Why?

When I send an iMessage from my iPhone 6 to my friends android it shows up as an email from VZWpix.com. Why?

Posted on Aug 24, 2016 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2016 4:49 PM

Hey there zenkengee927b!

I'd certainly want to make sure my contacts are seeing my messages in the right place and the right time, since I wouldn't be checking the Mail app for texts. We can help out!

You can tap the "i" button in the conversation and see what address or number is being used for your friend. Since it's a non-iPhone device, if it's an email being used to send to, then an email like that is expected. You can check that or start a new conversation with the contact and make sure to type in the friend's phone number.

Use Messages with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Send a message

1. Open Messages and tap User uploaded file.
  2. Enter a phone number or email address, or tap User uploaded file and choose a contact.
  3. Type your message, then tap Send.

If that works normally for them, then you can keep or delete the conversation that was sending emails and continue in the working thread.

Let us know how it turns out for you and we can check things out further.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2016 4:49 PM in response to zenkengee927b

Hey there zenkengee927b!

I'd certainly want to make sure my contacts are seeing my messages in the right place and the right time, since I wouldn't be checking the Mail app for texts. We can help out!

You can tap the "i" button in the conversation and see what address or number is being used for your friend. Since it's a non-iPhone device, if it's an email being used to send to, then an email like that is expected. You can check that or start a new conversation with the contact and make sure to type in the friend's phone number.

Use Messages with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Send a message

1. Open Messages and tap User uploaded file.
  2. Enter a phone number or email address, or tap User uploaded file and choose a contact.
  3. Type your message, then tap Send.

If that works normally for them, then you can keep or delete the conversation that was sending emails and continue in the working thread.

Let us know how it turns out for you and we can check things out further.

Regards.

When I send an iMessage from my iPhone 6 to my friends android it shows up as an email from VZWPIXcom. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.