Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air still showing red battery screen after charging for hours

Hello world!

So, my iPad's been showing the red battery screen for some time now, even after charging for quite some time. I've tried doing a force restart and that hasn't done anything either. The only hope I had is when it flashed the apple logo, and then went back to the red battery screen. What would you recommend I do in this situation?

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Aug 24, 2016 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2016 11:48 AM

Hi

Follow the steps here, including checking the charging port for any debris:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 24, 2016 11:09 AM in response to dankmemesarentcool

recommend you use the correct charger and adapter if you are not already doing so. Many plug adapters do not deliver the necessary power to the iPad, this includes the iPhone plug, and 3rd party chargers may cause issues as well. Try a different outlet, try a different computer, try shutting down the device and failing all that you should backup the deceive and restore it to default and test it.

Reset your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

if that does not correct the problem you can contact Apple using the link at the bottom of this page.

Aug 24, 2016 11:14 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

As for the first part of the reply, yes, the correct adapter is being used, and I will try a different outlet. However, I cannot shut down the device as it is showing the red battery screen, and cannot reset to factory defaults. Hopefully I will see a difference using a different outlet, as it is the only immediate thing I can do to try to fix this.

iPad Air still showing red battery screen after charging for hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.