Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2015 stuck on loading screen after installing update.

I installed updates onto my MacBook Air and when I restarted it the loading bar would just stay in the middle. I've used Disk Utility in recovery mode to "First Aid" my disk, it was fine. I tried booting into safe mode but the loading bar would just hang at the end. I've reset the PRAM, but nothing works. Please help.User uploaded file

*Loading Bar*

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Aug 24, 2016 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2016 6:13 PM

Reinstall El Capitan Without Erasing Drive

Please be sure you back up.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  3. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid icon in the toolbar. Wait until the Done button activates, then click on it.
  5. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  6. Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Continue button.

Also, see this User Tip: Basic Steps for Upgrading OS X.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2016 6:13 PM in response to distaf

Reinstall El Capitan Without Erasing Drive

Please be sure you back up.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  3. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid icon in the toolbar. Wait until the Done button activates, then click on it.
  5. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  6. Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Continue button.

Also, see this User Tip: Basic Steps for Upgrading OS X.

MacBook Air 2015 stuck on loading screen after installing update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.