Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear up next podcasts?

The Up Next section of my podcasts are playing casts that I've already listened to. How can I clear that section so nothing is there and I can start anew?

Thank you in advance!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2016 11:10 AM

6 replies

Jul 18, 2017 7:38 AM in response to JunetaIRL

From your answer, I think you may know how to solve my problem.

I have a big, unwieldy "up next" list. That, in and of itself, I can handle. Sometimes I don't listen to the podcasts in the order I would like, but life is filled with problems, right?

My immediate problem is that I don't know what is downloaded and what isn't on my "up next" list. This becomes an issue because I am driving around out of the country, and I don't want to use cellular data to download episodes. I'll be listening happily along for a few podcasts, and then one will end and nothing new will start. I THINK it is because that next episode isn't downloaded, so nothing happens.

Do you have any familiarity with this issue? Do you know how I can make sure that all of my "up next" are downloaded?

If you do know, and you would share with me, I would be very grateful.

Jul 24, 2017 7:44 PM in response to CuriousShant

Hey, I just had this problem too, and I was able to solve it by going into "My Podcasts," clicking on settings (gear symbol), and changing the play order from "Newest to Oldest" to "Oldest to Newest." For some reason, the default was to play the newest first. Anyway, this cleared it up for me. Not sure if it will work for you (esp. a year later).

Aug 26, 2016 11:38 AM in response to Rysz

I'm not sure you understand my question. You can only view the "Up Next" section while a podcast is playing or on it's "play page" by selecting what looks like a reverse bulleted icon next to the fast-forward-fifteen button. There, under "Up Next" are all the podcasts I've already listened to and once a new one has completed, the program automatically jumps to the one I listened to previously. I would like to clear all of those (which are already marked as "played) so that the app doesn't jump to anything at all. This way, I can redo the list from scratch.

Thank you.

Oct 24, 2016 1:51 PM in response to CuriousShant

I too sometimes have this problem. I'm a very slow podcast listener (compared to my friends) and like to queue up episodes from about 8 different podcasts. I hate when I stumble into a "playlist" of episodes, where I can't arrange the order of my up next list. So to "clear up next," I go to the page where it lists "My Podcasts" and click on a podcast page I've subscribed to. I scroll down to the earliest unplayed episode (all the way at the bottom of the list, and it is the last episode I have downloaded on my device) and click on it to listen to right now. It prompts me with the question "clear up next//keep up next" and I click on "Clear Up Next." Then I look at the Playing Now screen and check to see if it works, and there should be Up Next: (0)

I think it's important that it's the earliest "unplayed" episode at the bottom of the list on the subscribed podcast page. I do not listen to an episode that I haven't previously downloaded to my device on my home wifi, either.

Clear up next podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.