Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is email from appleid@id.apple.com legit?

I recently changed my apple id password and a bit after that i got an email from appleid@id.apple.com confirming that I made a change to my account at the time that I did. I'm asking if this is legitimate because I'm not familiar with this particular email address. The email also says if i did not make these changes myself to change my apple id password and provides a link to appleid.apple.com which takes me to the apple id page i always go to to access it. My email account says this sender is on my safe list and has the green shield symbol next to it so I am wondering if anyone else has gotten legit emails from this address. It does not ask for any verification or personal information. Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Aug 26, 2016 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2016 4:33 PM

Yes, that is legitimate. You will always get confirming emails from Apple for changes related to your Apple ID and/or iCloud account. However, Apple will never ask you to reply to the email. Emails like that are usually always a scam.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email

Beware of Browser Pop-Up Tech Support, Phishing Scams

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2016 4:33 PM in response to jmarieg

Yes, that is legitimate. You will always get confirming emails from Apple for changes related to your Apple ID and/or iCloud account. However, Apple will never ask you to reply to the email. Emails like that are usually always a scam.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email

Beware of Browser Pop-Up Tech Support, Phishing Scams

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Is email from appleid@id.apple.com legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.