Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my parental controls password

I have a parental control password on my ipad air. The parental controls are not allowing my son to access his fantasy football draft - I can't remember the password and need to reset it.

Posted on Aug 27, 2016 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2016 3:52 AM

Hi

As you have forgotten your parental controls / "Restrictions" passcode, you will need to erase the iPad Air and then set it up as new in order to remove or change the Restrictions passcode.

There is no way around this feature.

If you have a backup of the iPad that was made before Restrictions were turned on, you may then wish to restore it from that backup. ( If you restore a backup that was made when Restrictions was turned on, then restoring the iPad will also restore the restrictions).

More information:

Use Restrictions on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2016 3:52 AM in response to ajriegler

Hi

As you have forgotten your parental controls / "Restrictions" passcode, you will need to erase the iPad Air and then set it up as new in order to remove or change the Restrictions passcode.

There is no way around this feature.

If you have a backup of the iPad that was made before Restrictions were turned on, you may then wish to restore it from that backup. ( If you restore a backup that was made when Restrictions was turned on, then restoring the iPad will also restore the restrictions).

More information:

Use Restrictions on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

I forgot my parental controls password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.