Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I get the following message when I attempt to delete a completed reminder, "Couldn't delete 'reminder 1'. Dialog.Error.Text.Reminder.DESTROY.QUOTA_EXCEEDED?

Since there is no batch delete for Reminders on iPhone or iPad, I went to iCloud.com to delete old, completed reminders. Alas, I was able to successfully delete only ONE completed reminder from a total of 1221. Trying to delete all at once only resulted in my getting the error message 1,220 times! Signing in and then out (or out, then in) of iCloud did not make a difference. Restarting my iMac did not make a difference. (I am using OS X El Capitan, v. 10.11.6 and Safari v. 9.1.2)

P.S.: Trying to update a reminder resulted in a similar message — "...UPDATE.QUOTA_EXCEEDED"

Posted on Aug 27, 2016 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2016 10:29 AM

I spoke to Apple Care today, they are aware of the problem. It is being worked on.

7 replies

Sep 21, 2016 10:50 PM in response to msmedia

I'm getting it too! What's more, I have these reminders slated for "everyday" and they won't go away. They pop up on my computer, and I click "completed" but they just pop back up again. I've tried all sorts of things to make them go away, INCLUDING preferences > iCloud > and unblocking reminders in my id. THEY WILL NOT GO AWAY!

This is really messed up! I can't erase the completed ones enmasse, and there's hundreds! I can't stop them from popping up on my computer. I'll be calling Apple tomorrow. I've been a long time Apple customer, and had problems before, but this one is really is getting on my nerves....

Sep 27, 2016 3:36 PM in response to JE13

I am having the same problem:

Reminders app - update.quota_exceeded

I think there is a iCloud problem when we try to do too many things at once - in my case move 40 or so reminders from one list to another - a few at a time worked - but I guess when the quota is reached - then is all stops - but for how long? 1 min? - 1 hour? - 1 day? - 1000 years? Anyone know how long the timeout is?

Nov 24, 2016 12:58 AM in response to msmedia

The story:

- calNCService was chewing CPU (100%) continuously. Warm Mac, hammered battery.

- After disabling calendar accounts one by one, found that leaving all enabled except Reminders iCloud sync, the CPU issue disappeared: Conclusion somethings up with my Reminders. I use them extensively so needed a fix.

- Went to iCloud on the web to delete all the 'Completed' ones and hit the error mentioned in this thread.

- After a few rounds of trying, decided to move open reminders from the original lists to new lists and delete the old lists with only completed reminders. The delete went without a hitch, all completed, now gone. No error.

- CPU issue also resolved 🙂 with Reminders iCloud sync back on. Two birds, with a few Reminder migrations and deletes 😉

Hope this helps while a fix is being looked at. Btw to move reminders in the web iCloud, you can shift click to select a many at a time.

Btw I had probably around 1000 completed reminders spread mainly over 2-3 lists.

Cheers.

Why do I get the following message when I attempt to delete a completed reminder, "Couldn't delete 'reminder 1'. Dialog.Error.Text.Reminder.DESTROY.QUOTA_EXCEEDED?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.