Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GMail in Safari stuck in HTML mode

I accidentally switched my iPhone to HTML mode while using GMail and now it won't get back to the regular view

Anyone knows how to do it?

Posted on Aug 27, 2016 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2017 3:31 PM

just wanted to add a solution to this issue for others that are searching and getting nowhere. I tried every suggestion out there, clearing, resetting, deleted app/restore, follow the link to standard mode (having never switched to html, but there it was).. everything was fine the whole time except gmail.. so finally, as I have several gmail accounts, I signed out of the one with the problem, into the alternate one, which was fine and in standard view.. signed out of it, and back into the original with the issue and the issue was fixed and standard view regained.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2017 3:31 PM in response to SallyBRBR

just wanted to add a solution to this issue for others that are searching and getting nowhere. I tried every suggestion out there, clearing, resetting, deleted app/restore, follow the link to standard mode (having never switched to html, but there it was).. everything was fine the whole time except gmail.. so finally, as I have several gmail accounts, I signed out of the one with the problem, into the alternate one, which was fine and in standard view.. signed out of it, and back into the original with the issue and the issue was fixed and standard view regained.

Aug 19, 2017 9:09 PM in response to sdluzzi

I have two gmail accounts, one primary and the other much less used. I, too, accidentally clicked HTML when I got that prompt to "choose" between it and Standard View (why it would ask, I don't know). I should have ignored it, but it was intrusively there when I expected my email to appear, so I thought I had to click something and hit the wrong thing.

Following others' example on this thread, I signed into my less-used account, which had the Standard View, signed out and back into the primary account.

Three new problems: 1) my passwords were no longer being remembered, 2) when I did click the primary account and type my password, I was taken right back to the less-used account I'd just signed out of, and 3) when I again signed out of that one and tried signing back into the primary, "mail.google.com" appeared in the search field at the top of the screen...and jiggled back and forth. The page did not load; there was either no action on the progress bar or it would start to load, disappear, back and forth while the "mail.google.com" continued jiggling.

WTH?

Oct 1, 2017 5:27 PM in response to Lazerdawg123

Lazerdawg123 wrote:

Thanks for the awesome solution that worked.Others out there are still scratching their heads !

GMail in Safari stuck in HTML mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.