Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I daisy chain dell p2715q and p2415q with macbook pro

I have purchased 2 Dell montors, the P2715Q and the P2415Q, both with DP in and outs for daisy chaining. I am using the mini DP to DP cables provided with the monitors. They do not daisy chain, and only mirror each other. I can, however, plug both mini DP cables into the 2 Thunderbolt ports on my Early 2015 MB Pro 13", and both monitors display as independent monitors in display preferences, no problem. Only thing is that daisy chaining them does not work. Any suggestions or solutions?

Early 2015 13" MB Pro, 8 GB RAM, 2.9 Core i5

OSX 10.11.6

Monitors: Dell P2715Q and P2415Q

Posted on Aug 29, 2016 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2016 2:51 PM

To my knowledge, OS X is the limitation. It has never supported daisy chaining other than Apple's own Thuderbolt displays. You can do a quick web search to see if that has changed, but this issue has been around for years and I've never known anyone to get DP 1.2 daisy chaining to work with anything but Apple monitors.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2016 2:51 PM in response to jimburlap

To my knowledge, OS X is the limitation. It has never supported daisy chaining other than Apple's own Thuderbolt displays. You can do a quick web search to see if that has changed, but this issue has been around for years and I've never known anyone to get DP 1.2 daisy chaining to work with anything but Apple monitors.

How do I daisy chain dell p2715q and p2415q with macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.