Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yellow discoloration/tint in bottom corners of macbook pro retina screen

Hey guys,

I own a Macbook Pro 15-inch Retina Display mid-2015 model with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor and Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics.

It was recently bought, like maybe 3 months ago.

About a month ago, a small yellowish tint appeared on the bottom left corner of the screen, then after a couple of weeks same thing happened in the bottom right corner. Its mostly visible in the dark with a dark/black background.

Colors on screen are great, nothing is affected in any way, just these yellow stuff.

My guess is that it might be heat related, since I saw similar colors in some of my friends' retina-screen iPhones after prolonged exposure to sunlight (not really sure), although I'm pretty certain my laptop did not heat up or anything.

Wanted to ask if you got some info about this? and if there's a simple solution for it instead of taking it straight to the shop.

Here's a pic so you know what I mean..

User uploaded file

Thanks..

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Aug 29, 2016 7:37 PM

There are no replies.

Yellow discoloration/tint in bottom corners of macbook pro retina screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.