Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: White SVG with transparent background is not visible in Finder or QuickView

I work with a lot of white svg images with transparent background. I am not able to view these files in quickView or finder thumbnail preview.

Please provide a OS level solution, not an app that I have to open every time I want to preview the image.

Attached screenshots.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on

Aug 30, 2016 9:59 AM in response to SukhiAatma In response to SukhiAatma

This is a user-to-user forum.

If you want to make a feature request, you need to use the feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

In the meantime, you might want to try

pressing option-space for Quicklook in full screen. This seems to have a black, rather than white, background. The drawback is that you cannot easily navigate through the files with the arrow keys.

Aug 30, 2016 9:59 AM

Reply Helpful

Aug 30, 2016 10:09 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Luis, I filed the feedback but I know the problem will not be solved by apple as then tend to ignore the users. I was hoping someone outside the company might have created a hack to make the thumbnail background dark colored/or transparent overlay.

Aug 30, 2016 10:09 AM

Reply Helpful

Aug 30, 2016 10:41 AM in response to SukhiAatma In response to SukhiAatma

SukhiAatma wrote:

option-space for Quicklook for svg is still white.

Yes, you are right. I had tried with a transparent png file, since I did not have an svg file at hand. It does show as black for png, but not for svg.

So far, no solution without opening the file, but I did find a free viewer in the App Store, called Gapplin, and it does have a "dark mode", which can be set as the default. It also brings its own quicklook generator, which I hoped might help, but alas it does not seem to be any different than the default.

Aug 30, 2016 10:41 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: SukhiAatma

Question: White SVG with transparent background is not visible in Finder or QuickView