Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green dots in iPhone 6 Plus photos - is it something that can be fixed?

I've just recently noticed some obvious bright green dots in sunset photos I've taken with my iPhone 6 Plus. I thought it was just recent, so I went back and looked over old photos and found a couple with the same phenomenon as far back as late 2014. I saw at least one other discussion here about this from 2014, but there didn't seem to be a conclusion.

My AppleCare warranty is up on 9/25/2016. Is this something that will go away if replaced? Or is it a problem with the quality of the camera?

Otherwise beautiful photos are being wrecked by this. Here are a couple of examples.

Thanks,

doug

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), i5, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM

Posted on Aug 31, 2016 2:39 AM

4 replies

Sep 3, 2016 1:33 AM in response to Doug Lerner2

Well, it's obviously a spec/quality issue with the iPhone 6 Plus lens. I guess you could call it lens flare. It seems like a rather odd shape and color for lens flare though. Anyway, I got my exchange iPhone today, and I just went for a bike ride along the river, and it experiences the exact same problem. Not with every photo, but with many of the photos where I'm shooting into the sunset. Here are a examples with and without the effect. Three have the effect, and two do not.

Oh well, at least I ended up with a new iPhone manufactured in August of this year instead of my two-year-old iPhone, going into end of warranty.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Green dots in iPhone 6 Plus photos - is it something that can be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.