Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash folder and Junk Folder Missing

My Trash and Junk folders are missing from the sidebar on Mac mail. I have tried everything to locate them. I used to be able to see them and review items that went into the junk folder before I deleted the contents. How do I get them back?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2016 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2016 11:51 AM

I would recommend to take back up of all mails , and delete the IMAP account .once it is deleted a new IMAP account should be created , so that all folders in mail side bar will be visible .

5 replies

Aug 31, 2016 12:41 PM in response to tygb

This is so weird! All of my junk email rules were unchecked. I went in to set one up and it redirected all of my incoming mail (not junk) to my junk folder that was missing! Then in a last ditch effort, I checked for an update to the iOS and there was one. I installed that and all was restored. I had to move the current emails out of the junk folder and into the regular inbox. Very, very odd. Thank you!

Aug 31, 2016 5:37 PM in response to tygb

Please take the pointer to go to go folder and type ~/library , select mail folder. Right click on mail .

Again click on copy mail , right click on right hand side having empty space , than again click on paste item .

All mails are copied on V3 folder , then please open freshly formed IMAP account .

Some easy steps are to be followed : click on file > import mail boxes > import data from > a window will appear , select first option apple mail .

Click on continue & select the back drop folder & choose new .A new folder will be formed and all mails will be inside the folder .

Also some very easy another method is to be followed is using pen drive drag & drop mails in it .

Trash folder and Junk Folder Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.