Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE doesn't ring

I recently got an iPhone SE, and since getting it I have been missing calls. Do Not Disturb is NOT on, but it is also impossible to shut off. Whenever my phone is locked, if there's a call I don't get it. No answers I've looked at have worked.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.5, null

Posted on Sep 1, 2016 12:24 PM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2016 12:39 PM in response to sberman

You beat me back! I was just returning to add that part. The ringer is indeed on. I even turned it off and on again to be sure.

User uploaded file

I should also mention that if the phone is unlocked and someone calls me it works just fine. It also lets my contacts through, but if I'm getting a call from anyone who isn't in my contacts and the phone is locked, I get nothing. If they don't leave a voice mail I don't even know I missed a call because it doesn't show up in the missed call list.

Sep 1, 2016 4:30 PM in response to Zacolyn

I figured it out, and I feel like such a rube for not realizing it. 😝

I often put my phone in airplane mode. I was just thinking of it as an easy way to make sure I wasn't using network while out. (Yes I know how to turn it off, doing this was just quicker) I didn't realize it was also cutting me off from the network and keeping me from receiving phone calls.

iPhone SE doesn't ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.