Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help grey screen of death!

My iPhone 6, has gone to a grey flickering screen, where the lock screen and time are barely visible this lasts for 20 minutes before it goes back to normal. Also I am unable to unlock my screen as it doesnt recognise my finger swiping/touching the screen. This keeps happening and has done multiple times before. I have taken it to the Apple Store and was told that it happens due to lack of storage on the phone. Could there be another reason??

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2016 11:49 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2016 6:02 PM in response to Perrh004

Who exactly at Apple told you your problem was related to lack of storage? I've had my phone nearly full for a long time and never had the issue.

Basic troubleshooting steps are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as NEW device. If these steps fail to resolve your issue, make an appointment at the genius bar and have the phone evaluated.

Best,

GDG

Help grey screen of death!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.