Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

effects won't work in final cut pro

Hi, I've been using FCP for a while now and suddenly while I was working on a project many of the effects wouldn't work. I hadn't applied any in this specific project, but I've been able to use them before with no problem. I drag the effects onto the clip and nothing happens, even though it should work. It even renders and says it has been applied, yet it still looks the same. Generators and transitions still work fine, its just some of the effects. None of the blurs work and some of the distortions won't work. I've quit out and tried again, and still nothing. I've attached a screen shot example. its rendered and everything, but as you can see it hasn't been blurred at all. Help, anyone??User uploaded file

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Sep 3, 2016 3:21 PM

20 replies

Jan 7, 2017 1:33 PM in response to Alchroma

Hi,

I am a bit late to the party but I am having the same issue. Just a few effects apply like aged paper, security camera, artifact. the majority don't work. I tried closing FCP X, reboot the Mac. Hold Option-Command as you start FCP X and Reset the Preferences but nothing happened. I was wonder if you have any additional suggestion before uninstall Completely.

Thanks

effects won't work in final cut pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.