Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running Cumulative Totals On Numbers

Hello All. I am new to Mac and have only recently begun dabbling with Mac Numbers.
I am currently trying to make a rudimentary spreadsheet for my Gas Payments with a small two column wide data set. One Column would represent every payment I make, and then I would like the second column to be a cumulative total of all the payments I have made to this point in the data set.

User uploaded file

So as an example, I would like an equation that would add in the cumulative total in the right hand column, so that every time I added a figure under amount, it would automatically calculate the total to this point in the adjacent cell.

Is there anybody that can help me here?

Cheers!

Posted on Sep 4, 2016 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2016 2:52 PM

Hi PaxSoprana,

You can do something like this:

User uploaded file

C2 = 20 I copied/pasted this value from B2 just to ge things started.

C3= B3+C2

this formula is filled down usint the yellow fill haddle that appears when you hover over the selected cell.

quinn

6 replies

Sep 4, 2016 3:55 PM in response to PaxSoprana

Hi Pax,

When you place an "=" in an empty cell the formula inspector sidebar shows up and you can browse all the different functions Numbers offers along with the syntax and some examples. The Help menu can also be helpful.

I want to restate the template suggestion I made earlier. Just poking around and seeing how they do things is a great way to learn. The personal budget, for instance, illustrates how to use SUMIF() to get category totals.

I started reading this forum as a way to expand my understanding and it has been great fun.

quinn

Running Cumulative Totals On Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.