Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro with 3*Dell P2415Q: Windows shifted off screen after sleep since El Capitan

Hi All,

I have a Mac Pro (NB: *not* a laptop, one of the little black dustbins...) with three 4K monitors attached, all Dell P2415Q.

Ever since upgrading to El Capitan, after OS X puts the displays to sleep: on waking, a selection of background windows (Chrome, iCal, etc) are moved so only 1cm/0.5" is visible and have to be dragged back to the centre.

This is really quite frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone found a solution?

cheers,

Chris

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 5, 2016 12:37 AM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2017 3:25 PM in response to cjw296

I spent countless hours trying to pick a 4K monitor for my 2013 Mac Pro. I considered different Dells and LGs - it looks like there is an issue with every existing monitor. In the end, I placed an order for the LG Ultrafine 5K, despite the fact that with Mac Pros "the display might not turn on until you boot into macOS" according to Use the LG UltraFine 5K Display with your Mac - Apple Support . I'll have to keep a small 10-year old monitor under my desk exactly for such situations.

I thought about getting a P2415Q in addition to the UltraFine 5K as a second monitor and as a back up to the situations where the UltraFine 5K might not wake up, but apparently P2415Q monitors have a whole bunch of issues including not being able to wake up: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mac-pro-with-3-dell-p2415q-windows-shifted- off-screen-after-sleep-since-el-capitan.…

It looks like owners of Mac Pros are left without any good options when it comes to monitors. Very disappointing, Apple. While would you design a super expensive desktop computer without making sure that there are excellent monitors to use it with?

Mac Pro with 3*Dell P2415Q: Windows shifted off screen after sleep since El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.