Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn on on-screen keyboard when using Smart Keyboard

How do you have both the on-screen keyboard on an iPad Pro and the Smart Keyboard working at the same time?

iPad Pro, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Sep 5, 2016 11:43 AM

7 replies

Nov 10, 2016 5:06 PM in response to krabbenschmidt

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? This was the primary reason that I returned the keyboard after having it for less than two days. I utilize Siri for dictating emails as well as other documents and it was absolutely miserable trying to navigate utilizing the keyboard. I provided the same information to Apple almost 6 months ago and I'm waiting for this to be corrected in a software update before purchasing another keyboard.

Sep 6, 2016 5:00 PM in response to krabbenschmidt

Hello krabbenschmidt,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you would like to know how you can use both the on-screen keyboard and the Smart Keyboard for your iPad Pro. The following article has the information on using both your on-screen keyboard and the Smart Keyboard:

Use your Smart Keyboard with iPad Pro

Switch from your Smart Keyboard to software keyboard

You might need to use your software keyboard instead of the Smart Keyboard to do things like type accented characters or use dictation. To show the software keyboard, you can fold the Smart Keyboard behind the display (Watch position) or slightly lift the iPad from the Smart Keyboard groove.

Best Regards

how to turn on on-screen keyboard when using Smart Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.